Sunday, April 17, 2011

Me and My successes

The next request I got was from Cat's Chic Chat; she asked about my band and what my biggest success was non-scale related.

I do not have a lap band.  I work hard and with a lot of blood, sweat, and tears...I lose a little at a time.  It's been a roller coaster and it's been tough; but the other day I found some old "before" pics and I can tell you that I'm so grateful for where I'm at now.  I've worked really hard, and I fall down a lot; you can tell if you read my blog on a regular basis.  But it's been worth it!  Here are some pics so you can have an idea of what I'm talking about:


The above picture was taken when I started my blog.


I took this picture yesterday while trying on clothes at the store. :)  As you can see, I'm coming along!  Slowly but surely, I am coming along.

As far as my biggest non scale success...hmmm.  There are several things that come to mind- I would probably have to say that graduating from college is the first thing that comes to mind.  It took me 8 years to complete my bachelor's, and it was one of the best things I have ever done for myself (besides move to CA).  It was so hard and there were so many times that I wanted to quit- but since I have finished it I have jumped leaps and bounds professionally and financially and even mentally and I am so so so thankful that my mother pushed me to keep going, even when it was tough.  Yep! If you're in school- KEEP GOING!!  It really does pay off in the long run. :)

And there you have it folks!  More tomorrow!!!

Xo-

D  

9 comments:

  1. :D What a relief! I couldn't imagine that you decided to get a lap band and didn't mention it. And then I thought maybe you had a music band of some sort, but it seemed to me that you'd mention that, too. I was so puzzled. :}

    And, yes, the pictures show lots of progress! Wahoo, you! :D (Although what you did to your face is kind of creepy.)

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great! And looking great!

    I am working on year ten of school (after high school) and I want nothing more than to quit right now, but I am four and a half classes from being done, and I know quitting is not an option now. Not when I've come this far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures - you look fantastic!!! And I love love love your biggest success - you go girl!!!

    I had to search for an email from Draz cuz I totally couldn't remember how to turn the word verification off but...

    go under settings - then comments then where it says show word verification - click no!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are looking great, Dizzy. Keep working at it and before you know it you will be where you want to be. Love the NSV. I'm working on my degree too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about that! I guess I just assumed that the people I've found through others on these blogs were all banded. Sincere appologies and wow you're really looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a transformation! You have made some serious progress and should be thrilled! I am trilled for you! Slow changes are lasting changes Diz! Rome wasn't built in a day! But you have made so many strides in so many parts of your life that you have to give everything a chance to catch up to eachother! You will be at goal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow-I really had no idea how much you have changed your body! You look so beautiful Diz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are super hott chica! I don't think I have ever seen before pics of you. We have a similar body type.

    ReplyDelete