Monday, April 18, 2011

Dirty Details...

Okay...so the last post of my little series is today; remember- if you want to know things...add them in the comments!  I love it when my readers ask...makes it so much easier to write.

This post comes from Deb's question about my job and the details.  She asked me to just explain the in's and out's a little more.

Basically what I'm trying to do now is kind of run my own business.  I say kind of because, even though I work for "the company", I don't work for "the company".  Are you confused yet?  They hired me to be the sales rep for Southern California, but essentially I work for myself.  I've been trained as a business consultant for med spa's, dermatologists, plastic surgeon's, day spa's, etc etc etc.  Anyone who is in the skin care industry- I will talk to.  I help them build their business through healthy skin promotion.  I discuss marketing strategies with them.  I discuss client retention with them, and how to build and keep their clientele.  We discuss staffing and opportunities for growth within their team to continue to build business.  Many times people are too busy being in business to see what's good for business...does that make sense?  And I do it all through skin care; because you can't have beautiful skin until you have healthy skin.

As far as hours- I work my own hours.  I work from out of my home.  I can call spas or dr's offices or I can drop by and leave my card- how and when I work is up to me.  I don't have to ask for time off; I don't have to turn in reports.  I love it!  Plus, the corp office is here in Orange County so I can always stop in there if I need products or if I need to use the office to do a consultation; but essentially all of Southern California is my backyard.  Orange County, Inland Empire, San Diego- all the way to the border of Mexico.  Needless to say- there are a LOT of businesses out there...I hope I can touch a few of them.

And I really believe in the business I am trying to promote.  When I saw the first seminar, I knew immediately that what they were saying was truth because I've been in the beauty industry for 8 years now as a massage therapist.  I've worked at tons of spas or little clinics that were hanging by a thread- even if they were busy and booked all day.  Just because a place is busy doesn't mean that the owners or the managers know the first thing about doing business.  There are a lot of people in this industry who don't know the best way to go about things- and that's where I come in.  I can see in the blind spots where they can't see; I can help them.

So hopefully that answers some of the questions about the job a little more.  What do you guys think?  Think there is a market for me here in So Cal???

Let's hope so-

XO-

D

 

8 comments:

  1. I think you are probably in the best place in the country for that kind of work! I can't imagine there being a short supply of business that work in skin care!

    My mom has been in the skin care industry all her life, she really has a passion for it as well. I wish you nothing but the best on this new journey your on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dizzy, I wish you the best in your new job. I know nothing about the business in Cali but it sounds like you are on top of things and will be a great success. Please keep us updated on how things go. I will be here cheering you on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very interesting and a great job for someone who seems to love people as much as you do! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there's a market for you any where your heart desires to be, Diz!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds perfect for you! I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you beleive in it then you will be successful. And you are in a pretty sweet market as well.I am so, so excited for you and hope you share this journey with us while it unfolds. I think it's just a better platform to acheive all of your dreams. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE getting to know you more - can I steal this idea of having bloggers ask questions...it's FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Dizzy! I just found your blog and am now Following you!

    I haven't read your entire blog as yet, I will in the next few days, but from reading your profile, you sound so crazy and fun!! And in many ways, a lot like me!! Only MUCH YOUNGER!! LOL

    Debi: http://hawaiiboundbandster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete