Thursday, April 21, 2011

Haven't lost that happy feeling...

Today was so much better than Tuesday...can I say that?

I've been so busy since I took this new job.  SO BUSY.  I don't have time to breathe half the time.  I haven't worked out since Monday- and I actually want to work out.  I like working out regularly because it helps relieve stress for me; and I love doing yoga regularly because it helps me feel stretched out and not sore.  I wake up every morning now (since my yoga pass expired) feeling like I'm 135 years old.  Part of the problem is I'm not getting enough sleep; I'm having a hard time shutting my mind down at night.  The other problem is that I'm not taking the time to work out, I'm not drinking enough water, and I'm not eating properly.  So my body is screaming at me every chance it gets.

I never seemed to be so rushed in my old job as I am in this new one.  And in my old job, I would take half the day to get things done that I needed to personally get done.  Now I don't have time to get anything personal done.  But you know what- I told my mom tonight- I kind of love it.  I kind of love how busy I am...but I'm not used to it and I've been sitting on the border of being overwhelmed now for a few days.  Sometimes I dip into the overwhelmed side of the fence; yesterday half way through a demo I started freaking out and the freak out lasted til 4 in the morning.  It was all in my mind.

But then today- I woke up and thought...you know what D?  You need to get a grip.  You are NOT losing it. You have a wonderful life- do you remember it?  It seems so distant, yet it's not.  You have a wonderful life that makes you so happy, and the choices you've been making are choices you've made to MAKE YOU MORE HAPPY.  So knock it off.  You are going to do great.  And then I knocked it out of the park while working with my co-worker B today.  I scheduled 3 more appointments today and I am so excited about it.

XO-

D

6 comments:

  1. So glad things are going better! I hope you find a happy medium of keeping busy, but not overwhelmed! Hang in there! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Dizzy. As things get more familiar to you it will go easier and you won't have to think about everything so much. Give yourself a little time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell yah -you knocked it out of the park....I knew you would. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things will settle down. You just hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Diz.

    You remember what a new job is like. Even the easiest, most predictable job in the world is overwhelming for the first few weeks. All that new info along with the new job nerves combine to short-circuit the brain. Everyone feels like that.

    You are going to rock this. And even if you decide later that it's not a good fir--I'm not saying that you will, but even if--you will have learned some things and be one step closer to what is right.

    Personally, I think the only thing that could sink you is the economuy. I also think you're going to rock this. :D

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know that anxiety you had the other day, Diz? When it seemed like your friend was pulling you out of a ditch? Look how fast those feelings fade in the shadow of what you have learned and continue to learn. One thing I love about you (and this blog) is your spirit of perseverance.

    Here's wishing you all the blessings of Easter. I thank God for you, dear friend!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete