Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Healthy Stuff

Okay- today I got a grip and I'm back on the wagon.  I decided last night I wasn't going to allow myself to slip anymore.  I got 30 days; and I'm NOT letting these last few days of the year get me down!  I'm going to finish strong strong STRONG!

This morning I got up and had my "More healthy than healthy" breakfast shake.  It goes like this:
  •  1 to 2 scoops vanilla whey protein (I don't eat meat often and need to get about 50 grams a day to make up for it.  I know that whey protein is still animal protein, but it's not meat, and that's good enough for me :P )
  •  big spoonful flaxseeds
  •  1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (no sugar); 1/2 cup water
  •  1/2 red bell pepper (I recommend getting an orange or yellow bell pepper if you can, for variety)
  •  lots of kale
  •  few pieces of celery, chopped up
  •  few pieces of cucumber, chopped up
  • 2+ spoonfuls pomegranate seeds (masks taste of veggies)
  • 2 or 3 strawberries for extra sweetness and flavoring (strawberry + vanilla whey = heaven)
Blend and drink!

It's not as nasty as it sounds- it's super healthy, and it fills me up.  In there are 4 veggies, healthy fats, and protein!  I like it.  If you don't, sorry. :)  I also have a really yummy healthy one with chocolate whey protein powder too- it's even heavenly-er.  It goes like this:
  • 1 to 2 scoops choc whey protein powder
  • 1/4 cup milk; 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/2 banana
  • 2 spoonfuls of peanut butter

    This one is the SHIZZLE!!!  If you want to try something yummy and pretty healthy- try this one.  If you're not scared, try the other one.

    Anyway, so I had that- and then I went to the gym with one of my besties- Mick Dee.  We did cardio for an hour while we talked about grad school (she's currently in the program I want to be in).  Then I came home, cleaned my kitchen and my bedroom, and then took a shower and got ready for the day.  It was heaven.

    I am still in heaven.  I'm getting so much done today!  And the best part is I'm back and track and ready to conquer this day; month; and YEAR!  Who's with me???

    D

    3 comments:

    1. I've always been with you....you know that! :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. You rock! I'm with ya! much love!!!! and if your ever looking for a really yummy protein shake that is not animal based let me know, I know a girl......

      ReplyDelete
    3. I'm with ya girl!!!! woo hoo to getting back on track!

      ReplyDelete