Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Ride Along

So I went for my ride along today with "The Company".  Alex- one of my future boss's- took me along with him while he did 3 facials at a spa here in Orange County.  We had a blast- I can tell right now that this is not going to be a normal job.  For one- we were laughing and joking nonstop.  I already feel more comfortable around him than I do around my current boss.  Most of the time "bosses" freak me out.  I told you what happened when I had to meet with the CEO.  But this boss is something else.  He is out of control and he literally had me dying the whole time.  He's cool- it gives me hope.

Although I am super excited and can hardly wait to start the new job- a part of me is kind of sad to see the old one go.  I was talking to one of my coworkers tonight and no one has a clue (which they shouldn't as I obviously haven't said anything to anyone).  I like a few of my coworkers and I'm kind of sad to leave them.  What is wrong with me?  Why do I get so attached to jobs?  Quitting has always been the absolute hardest part of any job I've ever had, hands down.  I just know it's close- I'm supposed to call Craig tomorrow to discuss final logistics and then I'm sure by the beginning of next week I'll get an official offer letter.  Which means I'll need to turn in my two weeks soon.  It just made me sad to talk to my coworker tonight knowing that we wouldn't be having these conversations much longer.  I just need to keep thinking about the $$$...

I can't believe I'm switching jobs.  I feel like I've been doing (and could do) my job forever.  No, I don't love my job- but it's comfortable.  I know it.  I could skate by forever if I wanted to.  But the new job is so exciting to me- it literally is something that I am so passionate about and I am so freaking excited to get started and get out there.  It almost isn't about the money...although it kind of is too.  It's just so much more money (supposedly) that I can't wrap my head around it sometimes.  I just hope that I'm good at my job.  I just want to be good. :)

At the last second I decided to buy a ticket home to see my family next week.  I am so excited to go I can't stand it!  I got on facetime with my nephew the other day and he kept blowing me kisses.  It was the cutest thing I'd ever seen and I seriously started crying.  Yes- I am a sap like that. ;)

Okay loves- I have to go to bed.  I have presentations at Compton High School tomorrow morning; pray for me I don't get shot. :)  MUAH!!!

D

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new job, Dizzy. I wish you the best with it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be amazing! And yay on seeing the adorable family!!!! and honey the reason that you get attached to your jobs it 1) change is hard 2)your a planner and the unknown is scary. But you can do this! You will be the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Future's looking bright, Diz, and I'm excited for you! Praying for your safety and health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D Sounds happy. :D Exciting new job with a personable boss and a surprise trip home. :D Makes me smile. Deb

    ReplyDelete