Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Calories I will kill you.

Since we're all on the verge of moving soon- my roommates and I have decided to take a hiatus from dieting and feeling guilty about it.  We're all grotesque at the moment and can't seem to kick it into gear to lose it.  However, as I can barely shove/squeeze my fat ass into my STRETCHY work pants, I've decided to just go rogue and be really quiet about it.  I'm still using my calorie app, and I decided on the days that I work (which is 5), I will work out too.  Yoga and running, as usual (hey! It burns calories quick).

So today- I was secretly counting calories using my app.  I've started eating a lot more protein than in the past because I need it for massage.  I've found that if I don't eat enough, I have a really hard time making it through all 6 massage appointments.  I begin to get weak and my muscles start to ache, even to the point of being sore. However, if I eat protein in the morning- something substantial too, not like...AN egg, then I am usually fine to get through my shifts.  So this morning I had an egg white melt thing from Subway.  The only thing bad on it was the extra cheese- but I love cheese so whatever.  Then for lunch after work, I ran over to Whole Foods and had chicken salad from the deli.  Now, I love protein lately.  But a lot of protein seems to be very caloric-ly rich, if you get my drift.  What I'm trying to say is that I was already on the high end of my calories for the day by the time lunch was done.  I come home- all intent on working out.  And then I call my mother from some motherly advice about some work issues.

What do I proceed to do while chatting with her endlessly for 30 minutes?  Oh...pop open a box of Coco Crispies and eat the cereal dry- right out of the box.  I was craving sugar.  Did I eat half a cup (serving) while I chatted?  No.  I probably had at least 3 cups...honestly, if not more.  I don't want to put it in my calorie app and find out what I've done.  If I work out today (which I now have to in order to have enough calories for dinner...), I will be hungry for dinner.  Which I would've been anyway, but now it's guaranteed.  What does this mean?  I went over my calories for the day...AGAIN.

So now I'm waiting to go to yoga.  I'm supposed to be leaving in 5 minutes.  I will have to sweat in yoga with a sugar heavy, full stomach.  I just decided while writing this that I may skip yoga today and just run instead.  My stomach hurts.

Damn calories.

D

2 comments:

  1. Adding insult to injury, I had to go to the store to pick up some Diet Cokes for work and what did I see? Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins, freshly stocked for Halloween.

    And yes, I walked out with 3 bags. Because I am weak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it is really hard to stick to the certain regime, especially when it comes to diet and working out. Lack of food makes you exhausted and you have no strength for exercising. Still, I have found a solution. Athletes usually take dietary supplements, the same could be done by other people, and you just have to find the supp which is best for you. Time after time I am browsing http://bit.ly/Qh9G8S and I've found there a lot of advices on nutrition and supplements. They work perfect and help me improve my shape.

    ReplyDelete